Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011.

It's the last day of 2011. To be honest, this day is not very special, at least to me. 2011 has not been the greatest year for me but there have been some good times. I've made some new friends, realized what I want out of life, and had some funny and special moments. To end the year my favorite sports team of all time won the Insight Bowl against the Iowa Hawkeyes, that to me was one of the biggest and best moments definitely. Sadly, we also lost an amazing player, Austin Box. Every year has it's ups and downs, just as 2012 will. I don't believe in resolutions. I personally think they're pointless. However, in 2012 I am hoping for a few things.

I'm hoping for:

Good health for myself and the ones I love.

Safety and security.

And just overall a good year. I want to smile and laugh more than ever before.

I also, want to take a trip back to Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, I have a slight problem with a trip to Oklahoma. A problem bigger than money. Not wanting to leave. I honestly think that if I touched down in Oklahoma, I would never want to leave again. It would hurt too badly to have it teased right in front of my face. If I were in Norman, Oklahoma I don't want to have to think "Take a good look because in a few days you'll be back in Northern California." That idea almost seems cruel...

I know that one day though, I will be right where God wants me to be. I'm just hoping and praying that place is Oklahoma.

So, here's to a new year where we're all hoping for a great year. Even though we know it will have its ups and downs.

Cheers, Sarah. Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment