Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dazzling Your Bedroom!

Today I thought that I could base my post on bedroom settings! I love going into furniture stores and just imagining a beautiful bedroom set in a whole new room. I think of what colors it may go with or what I could decorate with using the bedroom set as the primary. If that makes any sense at all...ha ha. So, here are a few ideas I had to dazzle your bedrooms:
Rustic Bedroom:


A few items to enhance the set could be:

An antique wood trunk to sit at the end of the bed.
Family photos to sit across your dresser.
A fun idea for rustic bedrrom ideas is getting a large glass vase, you could find these about anywhere (Target, Walmart, Michaels) and find real or fake pine cones and fill the vase with your pinecones. Real pine cones smell amazing, so I personally would choose real but it's just about personal preference.

Modern Bedroom:



In modern bedroom settings, less is more! Modern rooms very little decorations and little furniture, everything is down to a bare minumum. To spice up your modern room design a few ideas would be to:

Hang a few modern paintings. Cubism is a great modern expression of art, as well as geometrical shapes.
Black, grey, or dark wood decorations are good for the modern eye.
Tall vases are very modern. Again, go with the color scheme of black, grey, and dark wood.
A good place to search for modern decorations is Pier 1 imports! I adore the mod stuff they have in that place!

Black & White Bedroom:


While I love colors, nothing is as simple and chic as black and white. The black and white color scheme is classic and will never be outdated. Design ideas for the simple black and white bedroom:

Black and white photographs of course!
Black and white photo frames for the photos.
Pinstriped curtains are so fun to add in to a black and white bedroom!
Also, if you think that black and white is too boring, go ahead and add in an accent color! Pink, purple, and blue are great colors to add into the mix!

Pink Bedroom:



This bedroom set is by far my favorite. The color of the walls, the photographs to the right, and the antique nightstands aside the bed make this a wonderful bedroom setting! I could just picture myself dancing around to "I Want Candy" in this room! Ha ha.

Good ideas to decorate a pink girly room:

Flowers, flowers, and more flowers! Whether they're real or fake, they still look pretty!
Mirrors, evey girl wants a nice mirror in her room, ha.
A nice bedding set! I know at my Target they have this beautiful set that is pink and white, (or they have a green and white) and it's so nice! It's expensive yes, but nice nonetheless. Ha ha.
Plus, if the girl is as romantic as I seem to be, you could add in a few Parisian themed items!
Like these beauties:

Mini Eiffel Tower Decorations!
An Eiffel Tower Wall Hanging!
And an Eiffel Tower Clock!

Okay, so what if I have a minor obsession with the Eiffel Tower? Ha ha. Actually, at the local antique store they had this absolutely beautiful Eiffel Tower stand! I think it was originally $70 but was on sale for half off! I drooled and drooled, ha ha. They also had this nice mini glass Eiffel Tower, I'm not really sure how much it was but probably not over $10 because it was pretty darn small, ha ha.

Anyways, hope you all have a wonderful week full of love and laughing!

About to go watch the end of a football game, Sarah. Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment