Friday, November 11, 2011

Cupcakes!


Yum! Look at these scrumptious little guys that I made this evening! They were a HIT here at my house! They're chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! I'm also taking them to a potluck I committed to tomorrow. Unfortunately, I found out I have Strep Throat (Ick!) so it hurts to swallow so I was only able to try the frosting, which was yummy! The recipe can be found under my baking section! It's from the amazing makeup artist Kandee Johnson! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!

This recipe makes 24 cupcakes!

What You'll Need For Cupcake Batter:
2 cups of flour.
2 cups of sugar.
3/4 cups of ground cocoa.
2 tsp. of baking soda.
2 eggs.
1 tsp. of salt.
3/4 cups of milk. (I used half n half)
1/4 a cup of whipping cream.
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
1 cup of canola oil.
1 cup of boiling water. (Measure about 1 1/2 because of the evaporation from the stove!)

What You'll Need For Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. of cream cheese.
1 stick of butter. (The butter I bought came into fourths, so I just used two of those.)
1 1/4 cup of powdered confectioners sugar.
1/4 cup of whipping cream.

RECIPE:
First, preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
Then, pour your 2 cups of sugar into the bowl, and then mix in your cup of boiling hot water. Stir until it has the consistency of maple syrup.
TIP: Do not spill the water! It is verrry sticky! My sister spilled some of mine last night, not fun to clean up! Super messy!
After you're through mixing the sugar water, set it aside.
Now, start mixing all of the cupcake batter ingredients.
Once you are done mixing all of those ingredients very well, pour in the sugar water. Now go ahead and mix all together until smooth.
Pop the cupcake batter into cupcake pans, and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
While you're waiting for those lovely cupcake babies to come out, you can go ahead and start on your cream cheese frosting!
Just go ahead and mix all of the ingredients to the cream cheese frosting together and store in the fridge until the cupcakes are done!
Wait until the cupcakes are cool, until you put on the frosting! Or else it will melt into a white and stick mess! Ick!

Now, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your yummy cupcakes! Yay!


Peace, Love, and Cupcakes, Sarah. Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment