Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thrifting:


   Trends are forever being born. Ombre, colored jeans, and UGGS are just a few. However, I have heard of a newer trend: thrifting. Yes, thrifting is becoming bigger and bigger! Even with high school students! I was on Facebook a few days ago and a few of my friends were talking about getting a group together to go thrifting.

   I figured maybe this thrifting was a craft until someone asked the girl: What is thrifting? My friend explained that she gets a few girls together, they go to different thrift stores with a budget (there's was $20 each) buy a handful of affordable thrift items, go back to her house and swap! I thought it was one of the best ideas I've ever heard!

   They were even able to find name-brand products! American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch, Banana Republic, etc! They have different thrifting sessions for different things (clothing, shoes, home decor) throughout the year! I was tempted to go but I unfortunately didn't have any money so figured it would be a bust for me but I sure did love the idea!

   I plan on trying this one day when I have more money in the bank! I love the idea, you get a good deal, and you get to have a good time with your friends! What's not to love about this idea? Have any of you tried this? Would it be something you would be interested in doing? Chime in!



Xoxo, Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment